The Senior Buyer is responsible for coordinating activities involved with procuring materials, equipment, supplies, and services with the goal of achieving the lowest possible cost of ownership for assigned commodity areas.
• Review requisitions with internal users and confer with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price availability and delivery schedule.
• Determine purchasing strategy (direct purchase, bid, negotiate) and locate and approve qualified vendors.
• Prepare PO’s/releases in Oracle system, generate orders and communicate such to vendors.
• Prepare, issue, and review big proposals and negotiate contracts/orders within budgetary limits and scope of authority.
• Frequent communications with all parties involved in procurement process (user, vendor, accounting staff, and receiving staff).
• Keep abreast of markets for assigned commodities.
• Keep Manager informed of market changes and large purchases/projects and other issues.
• Ensures compliance with SOX controls and processes.
• Dispose of surplus equipment, material, and supplies to maximize the company’s Investment Recovery.
• Expedite material, equipment, and supplies as required.
• Maintain purchasing data in Oracle system.
• Research and/or obtain drawings and specifications internally and externally as required.
• Maintain own information records and purchasing files.
• Act as back-up for assigned counterpart as required.
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• BS/BA is preferred in Business, Engineering, Materials Management, or other related field. Additional degrees will be considered if experience is relevant.
• 5+ years in Purchasing/Materials Management or related experience.
• Possesses sound judgment and decision-making skills and the ability to contribute to business-related problem-solving.
• Broad understanding of all areas related to purchasing legal compliance.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to credibly and effectively communicate with and influence all levels of the organization.
• Customer focus.
• Creative thinking.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Demonstrated job flexibility and knowledge.
• Knowledge of negotiation strategies and tactics.
• Perform all aspects of the position legally and ethically.
• The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Physical Demands – The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to frequently remain in a stationary position with repetitive hand motions. Occasionally be required to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, bend/stoop, push/pull, twist, climb, crouch, kneel, and reach. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, a computer, copy machine, and computer printer.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Works primarily in a climate controlled environment with minimal safety/health hazard potential. May occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the office setting with minimal exposure to climate changes, uneven surfaces, heights, and noise.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.
Click Here To Apply