Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moving mobility forward
We are Aptiv - a new technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. Operating as Delphi, we pioneered advances in the industry. Now, as Aptiv, we're more dedicated than ever to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life.
Join our innovative team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is an advanced technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. We're dedicated to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life. Aptiv.com
Aptiv's Data Connectivity group has an exciting Electronics Design position. This role will develop leading edge circuits and systems to solve automotive integration of wireless device charging and USB connectivity modules that outperform commercial products.
E/EA provides complete design of the vehicle's electrical architecture, including connectors, wiring assemblies and harnesses, electrical centers, hybrid high voltage and safety distribution systems. Our Hybrid portfolio ENABLES high voltage power and electronics backbones that support increased vehicle content and electrification, reducing emissions and higher fuel economy through weight savings. It also includes infotainment and displays; 3D clusters, embedded Wi-Fi, navigation, Vehicle to Vehicle (V2V) connection systems, etc. We enable Aptiv as a world leader in optimizing and customizing electrical architectures that take intelligent driving to new levels. Divisional HQ: Shanghai, China.
This position will be located in Auburn Hills, MI
- Design OEM products requiring circuits such as switch mode power supplies, power switches, Power amplifiers (Class D), wireless charging standards & circuits, HDMI receivers, USB hubs, embedded MCU, audio/video codecs, and wireless communications links based on standards based RF (e.g. 802.11n, Bluetooth) and proprietary infrared technology.
- Work directly with automotive OEMs and other Tier 1 suppliers to design products that meet customer functional, EMC and electrical requirements.
- Develop product schematics and oversee PCB layout.
- Develop new circuit building blocks and new components
- Negotiate Design Validation plan with the customer and manage its execution in the test lab.
- Conduct detailed benchmarking, competitive and cost-tradeoff analysis for area of responsibility
- Perform simulations, worst case circuit tolerance analysis, FMEAs, fault tree analysis and similar design disciplines
- Bench level debugging, testing and prototyping
- Analyze and operate with a consumer-focused and platform mindset in addition to utilizing excellent OE design practices
- Travel as required, 10-15% likely - some international
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- 4 + years digital & analog design experience developing & deploying electronics and electronic circuits / systems
- Bachelors' degree in Electrical Engineering
- MSEE degree
- Experience at Tier 1 Automotive Electronics Company
- Experience with typical industry practices and OEM customer requirements for design of electrical products
- Digital design experience with memory interfaces, display interfaces, IIS, I2C, SPI and other high speed serial communication interfaces such as USB 2.0, USB3.0, and HDMI.
- Analog design experience with analog circuits including power amplifiers, audio, video, and power supplies. RF design capability (Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC)
- Experience with simulation tools and schematic capture
- Experience with DVP&R Testing
- Experience using latest equipment including scopes, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers and photonic testers
- Knowledge of proper design methods to reduce RFI, EMI and ESD to pass automotive specifications, and EMC / EMI protection circuitry.
- Strong working knowledge of SMT, heat sinks and injection molding
Bachelor Degree - Electrical Engineering
About the Organization
DDC Auburn Hills, MI
About the Organization
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions that enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com.
This position is currently accepting applications.