The Staff Accountant/Tax provides accurate and timely accounting and tax return work for assigned engagements. There is potential for this role to become a full time permanent position.
· Follow our company’s established accounting processes.
· Review company financial documents and prepare corporate tax returns
· Review completed business returns for accuracy
· Prepare reports and projects as requested by upper management.
· Prepare various business tax returns
· Maintain technical competency and accuracy of practice management software for overall client engagement functions as assigned
· Responsible for overall client engagement functions. Independently analyze, interpret or make deductions from varying facts or circumstances for assigned engagements.
· Assist senior staff with review of completed financial statements
· Prepare accounting related entries to numerous registers, journals and logs
· Perform monthly bank settlements
· Respond to tax questions received by chat, telephone, issue tracker and discussion board ensuring the department minimizes response times and meets service levels goals
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
· 2+ years’ experience in accounting or related field
· Knowledge of tax principles to include federal, state, and business
· Experience with Accounting software such as CCH or QuickBooks preferred
· Experience preparing federal business tax returns
· Proficient in Word and Excel
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Strong organizational and analytical skills
· Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
· Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Position requires working at a desk for periods of time up to eight hours.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, Liberty Tax Service reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job or to require that additional or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, or technological developments).
Liberty Tax Service is an equal opportunity employer.