PJS South is seeking an experienced Superintendent to join our seasoned team of professionals in the Houston area. PJS South is a division of PJS Group, an experienced civil engineering and electrical contractor headquartered in the tristate area of New York. We are currently realizing continued growth and opportunity in the public sector including PANYNJ, DDC, NYCT, DDC and DPR. PJS Group has built a solid reputation based on knowledge, experience, reliability and general excellence. We have successfully positioned our organization for continued success in the heavy highway, utility, bridge and building construction.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Superintendent provides the knowledge, skills and experience required to manage the day- to -day field operations on the assigned site. The Superintendent completes the work on schedule, within budget and to the quality specified. As the Superintendent, you will coordinate and supervise all scopes of the work in accordance with the plans and specifications for the assigned sites.
Essential Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Coordinate work assignments, set priorities and direct work.
· Obtain and arrange supplies of material and equipment necessary for the project
· Maintain complete and accurate records and prepare reports relative to project.
· Manage sub contractors
· Work outdoors and in all weather conditions
· Travel to job site required
· Other projects as assigned
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEGDE REQUIRED:
· BS Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent related work experience
· Minimum 5 years of experience in the construction industry with responsibility for large or complex projects
· Adherence to contract requirements: (Certified payrolls, LEED submittals, Lien Releases, Insurance OSHA safety etc.)
· Must have OSHA Certification
· Computer proficiency including Mac, Word, Excel, Project Scheduling Software
· Must be motivated, independent, and self-sufficient with the ability to receive a project and see it through with minimal supervision.
· Must be well organized, a good communicator and able to effectively prioritize tasks
· Ability to multi task and work in a fastpaced environment
· Must be able to travel to worksites and perform necessary manual tasks as required
· Authorized to work in the US
WHAT WE WILL DO FOR YOU
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Vacation and PTO
· Life Insurance
· Disability Insurance
· All team members are directly connected to the success of their projects via our innovative performance and profit sharing plans.