System Testing Technician
International company seeking skilled individuals for direct hire employment in Knoxville, Tennessee.
For over 35 years we have engineered the most accurate, high-performance vehicle identification and license plate recognition technology in the industry. We engineer products that serve the Border Control, Commercial Vehicle, Electronic Toll Collection, Security, and Ports and Cargo Industries. We have secured thousands of border checkpoints and our products automate over 200 hundred million vehicle inspections annually. Our customers include local, state, national and international governments among others. In addition, we have a global distribution network that helps to deliver our products more efficiently and in a capacity that best meets the needs of our end users. We pride ourselves on developing superior technologies as well as delivering unmatched customer service.
Immediate opening for an experienced System Testing Technician. Perform incoming tests on individual modules and final system testing of finished products in accordance with approved test procedures.
Areas of Responsibility:
· Coordinate with Manufacturing to obtain equipment that is ready for testing, and complete its set-up, labeling and testing.
· Fully document test results and record and communicate any failures or recommendations in the appropriate manner (e.g. nonconformance procedures, special testing job requests, ECRs, etc.) to quality management, manufacturing, and Engineering.
· Collaborate with engineering groups and product and program team members regarding failures or issues found (in-house or in the field), and assist with testing and issue resolution.
· Determine if new test fixtures and test racks are needed, make recommendations accordingly, and be able to assist in building and qualifying new test equipment.
· Assist in drafting and review of testing procedures.
· Use information gained from testing to inform the technical training and knowledge of our service personnel.
· Provide trouble-shooting support to customers and help desk and field service technicians when requested.
Associates Degree in Electronics Engineering Tech or a Certificate with relevant work experience.
Minimum of 4 years of work experience in electronic device testing, and board level troubleshooting and repair.
· Good working knowledge of analog and digital electronics.
· Basic understanding of computer networking.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, results oriented, and ability to work well in a team environment with minimal supervision.
Candidates must be a US citizen.