Position and Role within Company
We are a software technology company delivering business and mortgage software to related industries, headquartered in the Silicon Valley. We are currently seeking a professional and seasoned technical writer to join our team and produce high-quality documentation for our product suite and contribute to the overall success of these products. The successful applicant will be responsible for creating technical documents, user guides, administration manuals, API specification and online Help. The applicant will work with product management, engineering and SME and other Company staff to ensure accuracy of documentation and product descriptions.
Expectation for this Position
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of our products and the documentation requirements.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit of the above documents.
- Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy of the documents.
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content and consistency across the documentation suite.
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature in keeping up with product enhancements and industry updates.
- May need to assist in creating tutorials/webinars to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to communicate complex or technical information easily
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to write from the perspective of user or trainer of the product
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development and hands on experience with web design
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Ability to work individually or in a group
- Familiarity with residential mortgage & terminology is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communication, or Information Technology is required.