Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moving mobility forward
We are Aptiv - a new technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. Operating as Delphi, we pioneered advances in the industry. Now, as Aptiv, we're more dedicated than ever to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life.
Join our innovative team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is an advanced technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. We're dedicated to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life. Aptiv.com
The Connection Systems Team has an exciting opportunity for a Test Engineering Supervisor located in Auburn Hills, MI (no relocation offered). Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, Global and North America Validation and Testing, the successful candidate will ensure validation testing meets program timing and all customer validation requirements. The Test Engineering Supervisor will lead a group of validation engineers to ensure complete and accurate coverage of requirements in test plans, as well as, interact with test facility to assist with the execution of test plans. The Test Engineering Supervisor will review the team's test plans, test strategies and test results with the necessary parties.
Supervise and support data connectivity (DDC) electronic and electro-magnetic compatibility (EMC) testing
Manage test/validation manpower levels and employee training
Lead customer teams to understand validation needs and provide accurate and timely testing and analysis
Control budget and forecasts for area of responsibility
Provide retrievable test data documentation
Facilitate and support customer field return analysis
Lead the development, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of DDC testing systems
Manage group to prevent major non-conformances in internal and/or BSI audits and maintain lab certifications
Candidates for positions with Aptiv must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 4 + years' experience with environmental testing/validation
- 4 + years' experience in a supervisory position
- Knowledge of automotive OEM test requirements
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft programs
- Demonstrated skills, including the ability to be self-directed and work well with other internal and external team members
- Strong results-orientation and execution characteristics
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple conflicting tasks, make intelligent, timely decisions and solve problems independently
- Proven track record of successfully completing projects on-time and within specifications
- In-depth understanding of engineering and software development
Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
About the Organization
Auburn Hills, MI
About the Organization
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions that enable the future of mobility. Headquartered in Gillingham, England, Aptiv has 147,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com.
This position is currently accepting applications.