MVCC seeks applicants for a Vice President for Learning and Academic Affairs which serves to support the success of a diverse student population. Interested candidates will find competitive salaries, outstanding benefits, and award winning professional development. We are a strengths-based College with a strong sense of community.
- Must possess a doctorate
- Demonstrated record of successful teaching
- Minimum of five (5) years progressively responsible administrative experience in a multi-department unit
- Effective communication skills
- Thorough working knowledge of developing, implementing, delivering, and assessing academic programs,
- Proven commitment to the philosophy and mission of a community college
- Emotionally-intelligent strength-based leadership style
- Sustained commitment to equity and inclusion for student success
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with a diverse and multi-cultural student and employee body.
- Experience working in a public community college or higher education preferred.
As Chief Academic Officer of the College, this position provides emotionally-intelligent, inclusive, strengths-based leadership to inspire and support faculty and staff to develop, deliver, assess, and continually improve community and student-centered curricula and programs. Works under the general direction of the President with line authority over all academic programs to exercise professional judgement within broad latitude for strategic action to ensure optimum attainment of the College’s mission.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
MVCC does not discriminate. MVCC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
MVCC offers a comprehensive employee enrichment program. Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 3/19/2018
Review of applications will begin on the review start date and will continue until successful candidates have been identified.